Makes 1 Cake:
- Light Batter
- 300 g Butter
- 275 g Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanillezucker (Vanilla Sugar) (optional)
- 4 whole Eggs
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 flask Almond Extract
- 500 g Flour
- 5 tsp Backpulver (or substitute 2.5 TL Baking Powder)
- 125 ml Milk
- Dark Batter
- 30 g Cocoa Powder
- 25 g Sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk
- Beat butter with the sugar and vanilla sugar until foamy. Mix in the eggs and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and 5 TL Backpulver (or 2.5 TL baking powder).
- Gradually add the egg mixture to the flour mixture. If too dry, add milk as appropriate (so that the batter is just moist enough to fall off the spoon).
- Preheat oven to 175 to 200 C (350 to 400 F). Grease a baking pan and lightly dust it will flour. Fill 2/3 of pan with light batter.
- Take the remaining 1/3 light batter portion and add the dark batter ingredients to it. If too dry, add milk as appropriate (so that the batter is just moist enough to fall off the spoon).
- Add this dark batter into the pan. Swirl dark batter into the light batter with a fork lightly to form marble lines. Do not over mix!
- Bake 50-65 minutes. Remove from pan and leave on a wire rack to cool.