1 Large Loaf:
- 100 g Rye Flour
- 100 g Flour
- 100 g Whole Wheat Flour
- 225 ml Water
- .5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1.5 tsp Yeast (dry active)
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- .5 tsp Sugar
- 100 g Onion
- Cut the onion and saute it in .5 Tablespoon Olive oil on medium low heat for 20 minutes. Let onions cool and set aside.
- Dissolve the yeast in 225 ml water
- together with the sugar. Add flours and salt. Knead into a dough. The dough will be very soft, but this is normal. Lightly oil outside dough and leave in a covered bowl to let the dough rise.
- Once risen, gently form the dough into a ball, taking care to not crush it as much as possible. Lightly flour the outside and slash a cross mark on the top.
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Leave a roasting pan of water on the bottom shelf of the oven. Bake bread for about 50-60 minutes.