24 Rolls or 2 Loaves:
- 400 g Rye Flour
- 350 g Flour
- 100 g Whole Wheat Flour
- 4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Honey (or sugar)
- 600 ml Water
- .5 tbsp Bread Spice (Brotgewürz)
- 2 packages Seitenbacher Sourdough (optional)
- Melt yeast in water for about 5 minutes. Mix together rest of ingredients. Oil dough and let rise in a covered bowl.
- Divide in two pieces after rising. Shape into loaves. Lightly flour dough and let rise for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 F (230 C). Prepare pans of water to accompany bread in oven. Leave water under baking bread.
- Cook for about 45 minutes. Crust will be golden brown when it is ready.